The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts. - Aldo Leopold

Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back on Deck at the Plant Ark

It has been a long time between post. Luckily I didn't really get started the first time. The PermacultureWest site has a community blog feed now which is a great way to get local content out and about. The trick is finding that content. To bridge the gap and force me to document my journey, musings and typo's I will set a side some time to do something for myself and anyone interested in following.

So whats been taking up my time, other than the three wonderful girls, rebuilding and improving the permaculture association, and supporting various school and community gardens has kept me busy.

With the long weekend kept free of garden/permaculture events and volunteering we had a rare family weekend in the garden and planting cuttings and seeds for the Newborough School fair on the 16th April. Unfortunately I will be in Ballingup for the Small Farms Field day, but my wife the trooper will get her hands dirty for the day managing the School stall.

My passion at the moment is starting a seed saving collective for WA involving various associations, schools and community gardens and of course private collectors and growers. There is plenty of support and interest its just a case of getting something to a critical mass with information, seed saving sheets, a few people nuts about seeds to carry a generally introductory level general members. I have purchased some seed saving workshop bowls, sieves and will start the most important part of any seed saving group, find the people and train and encourage them.

No comments:

Post a Comment